Graduate Student Resources

General Information  
Advising Handbook Fellowships Frequently Used Forms Graduate School Rules
CU Resources 
CU Library
Research Resources Electronic Journal Access Web of Science
Travel & Travel Funding

For graduate students traveling to conferences, several funding options are available in the form of travel grants

MCEN Graduate Student Travel Award
Dean's Office Matching Grant for Student Travel
​United Government of Graduate Students (UGGS) Grant
Graduate School Student Grant 
Independent Study 

To complete an independent study you must submit a petition and an independent study proposal to the graduate advisor to be reviewed by the graduate committee. The independent study proposal must include the following information in order to be reviewed:

Petitioning the Graduate Committee 

If you would like to take a course that is not listed on your specific track, you must petition the graduate committee prior to taking the course. All petitions (course requests, course waivers, etc.) go to Graduate Committee for discussion and final approval.​


Blank Independent Study Form Sample Independent Study Proposal
Petition Form